I saw myself dying last night. It was a surreal experience at one level, yet at another level seemed so realistic. I saw myself lying there in a hospital bed, staring death in the face, wired to a number of equipment, some of them with flashing screens and others with beeping sounds. Yet, to me, I seemed very serene, ready to go. There were people, of course. I saw hubby pacing up and down the hallway, anxious; and in the other world I saw Dad and Sudha, I guess waiting for me to get there. And then I saw others - no, not people who would cry or miss me when I die. But those that I wanted to see before I left this world, with words and thoughts on my mind to convey. I saw myself telling someone that I wanted to meet each one individually and alone. A friend entered the room, I gave him my hand, asking him to come closer and just as I was about to say something, I snapped out of the dream.
Then, I wondered - if one were to die today there would be so much left unsaid, so much left undone. Yet, even when given a chance, one doesn't necessarily convey everything one feels, everything one wants to. Why is that so?
Then, I wondered - if one were to die today there would be so much left unsaid, so much left undone. Yet, even when given a chance, one doesn't necessarily convey everything one feels, everything one wants to. Why is that so?
6 comments:
Scary dream it sounds like. There can be many reasons why people do not say what they want to, fear of rejection, fear of being misunderstood and so many more things.
[mridula] Wasn't really scary to me - as I said, I looked at peace for some reason. Made me question a lot of stuff though. You are right - there could be many reasons why people do not express what they really feel; with me I think it is more an inability to put into words what I feel rather than a fear.
Emma, I need a favor. My updated bloglink is
http://www.gonomad.com/traveltalesfromindia/
Pleae do the needful.
Thanks.
[mridula] Thanks for the info... Will update my links immediately.
This was told so nicely. To me, it was not scary...And I agree with you in the last paragraph.. it says a lot. Actually, made me think.
I don't know what else to say.
[truman] Thanks a ton... You don't have to say anything else; I understand. The entire experience made think a lot as well - I guess I am still trying to comprehend at one level.
Post a Comment