View from the room: This is what we could see right in front of us, when sitting on the patio outside the room.

And here is a view of the foggy, misty morning. Look closely to see the deers in the picture. That was a norm rather than an exception - having deers outside the rooms we stayed in.

Another picture of the morning:

Here are some of the pictures that capture the beauty of the place, absolutely in the lap of nature. Here is a picture of the Nilgiris, seen from behind our room. In fact, this peak could be viewed from any which side you see.

And here are some pictures of the evening sky, and the sun setting - some of my favourites:


And this is how the forest we trekked in looked like. We didn't really go very deep though we were tempted to for we were constantly told that it wasn't safe:


On our way back, just after we crossed Mysore, the bus driver got into a confrontation with another person on the road. This person stopped the bus and started to pick up a fight - his contention was that the bus almost ran over him while overtaking. Thankfully for us, the bus stopped at a very scenic spot. I got out of the bus, even as the "fight" was on, and took the following pictures. There was a field right next to the road, and in the horizon one could see coconut trees. The sun was setting in the horizon and it was almost dusk - it was in fact serenely romantic.


And here is a picture of the Mysore-Bangalore road, taken from the very spot where the bus was stopped:

Some more of the photographs from our Masinagudi-Ooty trip can be found here.
5 comments:
Beautiful pictures. My favorite parts of our trip were the rural areas; I would have loved Masinagudi.
Commenting on your last post: I totally agree about the condition of Karnataka roads. I was really glad to have a driver from Mysore to Ooty instead of taking a bus!
And why is the forest unsafe?
[lily] Thanks a ton. I am glad you had such a wonderful time in India. I am sure you would have loved Masinagudi - as compared to the sanctuaries that you visited - Bandipore and Bharatpur - Masinagudi is a relatively unknown place; and hence it is extra serene, beautiful and quiet.
Good you took a driver and a car - a bus drive could have easily sapped you of all energies :).
Why is the forest unsafe? Well, Masinagudi is not really like other sanctuaries. It is a complete forest area, and the animals could come in and go as they wished. In fact, as I said, the day we reached the place, apparently a black panther was right outside our rooms. And John showed us a picture of an elephant climbing on to the roof of one of the cottages. I guess that is what they meant when they said it was unsafe.
Emma beautiful pictures, now I have to take a break soon, though it has to be somewhere close by.
[mridula] Thanks. Go to Masinagudi some time. I am sure you will love the place :)
[Hiren] Thank you very much. And you are right - mountains and sunsets are indeed fascinating.
Post a Comment