In continuation from my previous post, another song that I was thrilled to listen to after all these years is George Baker's Una Paloma Blanca. When I was growing up this song was one of my favourites; to me it symbolised celebration of individual freedom. Over the years, in the tussle and bustle of growing up, the song slipped from my memory. Listening to it again after all these years was sheer pleasure.
This song was released in 1975 by the Dutch band George Baker Selection and very soon went on to become a chart-topping number. Composed by George Baker himself and Johannes Bouwens, the song's outstanding feature is the flute instrumental - it is truly haunting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
EMMA I READ YOUR COMMENT AT THIRD FLOOR BL0G . IF I CAN HELP YOU UPLOAD YOUR BOLLY MUSIC PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK
PHIL moving.finger@yahoo.co.uk
We have a news post on Hyderabadi Comedy: Bakra. Best wishes.
Hi Emma.
Sorry for the "off-topic" comment; I couldn't find a "contact" link on your blog.
I'm preparing an online blog directory of blogs being maintained by Indians and people of Indian origin. Whenever you get some time, please submit a few details at http://indianblogdirectory.com/add-new-blog.php.
Post a Comment