Monsoon season is great - around you the lush green, the gentle breeze and everything washed clean by the rains. And of course the skies - some of the best skies are seen during the monsoons. I got some pictures of cloud formations on a slightly cloudy day last week from top of the terrace. Here you go:


And then this, the sun playing hide-and-seek with the clouds, thereby enhancing the beauty of the sky.

Finally, this is indeed the view from a room in the house - just after the rains.
7 comments:
nice pictures :)
[inder] Thanks...
I accidentally came across your blog and was intrigued by the name - which I could understand as I know a wee bit of Deutsch. Then again, I was surprised to see your comment on my "black" blog. I agree with you on self confident people being concerned about their looks.
I am 51 but age has never mattered to me. Nor looks. But today someone called me tata (grandpa in Kannada) and I was shocked that I was that old and looked that old too. Who cares! I don't.
I am also glad that you put up my banner "celebrations@ in your blog too. Thanks!
Great Pictures in your blog. Pune, looks like, to me.
Cheers
[anil] This is indeed a coincidence - about you accidently looking up my blog. So, how come German?
I came to your blog (why "black" blog, btw) through Shruti's blog and read up on your previous posts. I agree with you - even to me neither age nor looks have mattered so much. But sometimes it upsets to see so much emphasis being given to looks around me - and I can see kids internalising these standards of beauty/good. Just the other day I heard a 10-year-old say something about a family being lucky because everybody in the family was fair. I tried reasoning with him, and I can only hope as he grows older he will learn to see things differently.
Thanks about the pictures - No, not Pune. Hyderabad it is.
You seem to be lucky : To be able to see the clouds so clearly. I thought Hyderabad must be equally polluted!!
[chitra] I do believe I am - and each one of us is in our own way. Yes, Hyderabad is polluted (equally?? Where are you from?). Yet, we have our moments when you are just thankful for the world you live in.
[Emma] Many reasons for the German. The Co. I worked for had technical collaboration with a German company and so I learnt a bit of German. Later I worked for a German Co. in India and ther e I did a course which was equivalent to the Mittelstufe of the Goethe Inst.
I often read Der Spiegel's E-mail news letter - mainly the Wissenschaft part and surprise myself by the amount I understand.
Been to Germany half a dozen times for short periods. So!
Post a Comment