Monday, June 26, 2006

Mukurthi - Through Photographs

Here are some of the photographs from the trek. I couldn't use my camera because it wasn't charged and I really missed it. In Ooty even though I bought a camera (only because I didn't want to come back without any snaps), it wasn't all that great - it was purely functional. Besides, the inclement weather was a major hindrance in us taking photographs. But, nevertheless, some of what I could manage.

Here are some of the pics from when we went climbing at Tusker Valley (where Parul just disappeared):



The following pictures were taken en route to the top of the hill at Tusker Valley - just as we could see the sun going down in the horizon, and the sky started to take on various hues of orange and yellow.



The following are some images from our trek itself:



And finally, some awesome views we got - unfortunately, because of the inclement weather we did not get "great" views on our trek. Despite that, I think what we saw made us realize that this was truly heaven on earth.






If interested, there are lots more photographs here .

7 comments:

Mridula said...

Those waterfalls, where there is not a soul around apart from the trekkers, I think they alone are worth trekking for. Lovely pictures, I can see how much rain there must have been.

Anonymous said...

[mridula] You are right - during those three days that we were there, only people we could see was one another. And it was the solitude that made the trip so much more amazing - lets you be truly with yourself. Even finally when you are trekking, I think, despite being in a group, you are ultimately with yourself. And that experience was truly worth it. And yes, a lot of rain :). Thanks...

Shruthi said...

Beautiful!
And to think it's so close by! Yay!

Anonymous said...

[shruthi] Thanks... And make that trip - today :). You will not regret it.

Anonymous said...

the pictures..they bring back so so many memories. studied in ooty for 9 years..living 'in' those mountains..and then all of a sudden thrown into a buzzing, honking city. havent even got a chance to go back there yet.. the pictures are lovely.

was that the pykara lake and falls in the pictures?

Anil P said...

The pictures spell peace.

Anonymous said...

[anonymous] I understand the feeling - you should make a trip back there. I am sure the perspective you get this time round will be very different. The lake is Mukurthi lake. The falls initially were nothing but a trickle through the ridges in the rocks. Because of the rains it finally turned out to be proper falls :).

[anilp] Absolutely agree with you - little wonder, I guess, that one doesn't want to come away from there.