Friday, May 12, 2006

This is sick....

This is truly sick, and I am appalled - a lot more than when I read the interview I talked about in my previous post. I can't believe that someone would go public on air with such statements. How demented must this person really be that in order to settle his dispute with a rival, he threatens to sexually assault the rival's 4-year-old daughter? Worse, he offers to pay 500$ to anyone who can give him information about the whereabouts of this kid? And to think that there must be equally demented people out there who just might go hunt that little girl down for those 500 bucks! I am absolutely shocked, speechless, sometimes can't even believe this truly happened.

This was in public, on air, so can this not be construed as a desire to cause immense harm to someone, and can this person not be sued and punished? If he is allowed to get away with just losing his job and nothing else, there truly is no justice in this world.

[Links via Sepia Mutiny. Read more here.]

4 comments:

Anu said...

I cannot believe it! I read the column you linked to this morning and was shocked, disgusted and repulsed beyond anything words can describe. I coudnt even bring myself to comment on it till after a few hours.....even now I am leaving my comment here and not at Sepia mutiny, couldnt even go to that page again. Shouldnt those guys be arrested and prosecuted? How are these things alowed? Freedom of Speech!!?? It is not just shock value! It is potentially extremely dangerous, could provoke such conduct in others, influence young listeners....And in India we worry about incomaprably innocent advertisements and serials harmfully influencing minds!!

Amy N. said...

These "shock jocks" are completely out of control. I don't know who enjoys listening to what they have to say, but it's disgusting and I too am beyond words. I hope he is prosecuted criminally and isn't allowed to just return to work on another station.

Mridula said...

That maks Mr. Murty sound diplomatic!

Anonymous said...

[anu] My feelings exactly. I still feel repulsed when I think about it. I do hope this guy is arrested, prosecuted and severely punished. If this is freedom of speech, I think a lot of us can do without it!

[lilyb] I would think this guy deserves a far worser punishment than just not being able to return to work anywhere. A 4-year-old! How could he even think of harm to her? I don't understand either who listens to such shows, but obviously they are popular.

[mridula] It does, doesn't it?